Friday, January 8, 2010

Protection 2 ~ Shadow of His Wings

Hello Everyone!

Our subject in Part Two of our "Protection" series is

"In the Shadow of His Wings".

Here are two pictures I found online re: this subject:

http://strengthenedbygrace.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/swancygnets.jpg




http://fineartamerica.com/images-medium/abiding-under-his-shadow-lisa-marie-dole-skinner.jpg



And here is an old hymn using our subject.

I have been raised in the church, but I do not know this one.

Has anyone heard this one before?

Here is the link to hear the song played and more info.

Lyrics:

Under His wings I am safely abiding,
Though the night deepens and tempests are wild,
Still I can trust Him; I know He will keep me,
He has redeemed me, and I am His child.

Under His wings, under His wings,
Who from His love can sever?
Under His wings my soul shall abide,
Safely abide forever.

Under His wings, what a refuge in sorrow!
How the heart yearningly turns to His rest!
Often when earth has no balm for my healing,
There I find comfort, and there I am blessed.

Under His wings, oh, what precious enjoyment!
There will I hide till life’s trials are o’er;
Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me,
Resting in Jesus, I’m safe evermore.

How true is the line I highlighted in red....

Here's an adorable video I could not pass up:





Psalm 91:1-4
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.





Another Scripture:

"Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings," (Psalm 17:8, New King James Version)

Warren Wiersbe says here in his devotional entitled:

"Hymns and Psalms: Hear Me, Hold Me, Hide Me"

(isn't that a great phrase??!!)

for "Back to the Bible" re: Ps. 17:1-5
...

"David wasn't simply standing still, doing nothing. He was on the move. When we're in the darkness, we move one step at a time as the Lord directs us. We don't just sit still and wonder what is going to happen next. David was saying, 'God, I'm going to get moving. You've got to hold me up. Direct me; I don't want to slip and fall'. Jude must have known this verse. He wrote, 'Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.'" (Jude 1:24).

This reminded me of someone saying that if you feel as though you

are walking around in the dark, stumbling into things, hitting your head,

stubbing your toe or smashing your nose...

and you have done everything you know to do Biblically

in your situation...

you ARE in the dark

you ARE in the shadow of His wings.

He is holding you close to His side!

The second portion of his devotional that I liked was:

"
The third word is hide. 'Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me under the shadow of Your wings' (Ps. 17:8). A shadow is not good protection. But if it's the shadow of God's wings, we can depend on it. What wings did David refer to? The wings of the cherubim in the Holy of Holies. David was saying, 'I'm coming to the very throne of God. Please hide me and hold me and hear me.' God replied, 'David, I'll do it. I'm going to carry you through your dark time'".

This brings another viewpoint:

Hide me in Your Presence...

In between the wings of the cherubims on top of the Ark of the Covenant,

resided the Presence of God in the Tabernacle in the Wilderness

in Exodus 25:9-22.

For more information regarding the Ark of the Covenant

click here.
http://www.jnjmartens.com/tab%20of%20david%202.bmp

Two more Scriptures about the Shadow of Your wings:

"How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings." (Psalm 36:7, New King James Version)

"Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice." (Psalm 63:7, New King James Version)


I especially like the last line in Psalm 63:7.

I.will.rejoice.

Am I rejoicing in the shadow of His wings?

Am I singing and worshiping God in the good times and the bad?

Am I trusting God so much as my Source, that I can forget

my concerns and praise Him all day long?

Am I hiding myself in His Presence, because that is where I belong?

My prayer is that we all find His Presence in our lives

and REST in it.

Here is one more video I think you will enjoy...




Staying under His wing,

Debbie G.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. I really do appreciate it. Just don't stop believing in God, and always pray for the Family Blessings.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete