Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Philippians 4:8b ~ Noble

Hello Everyone!


I have 3, yes 3 videos for you to watch before we start our Bible Study.




Bob and I mailed our Red Envelope this week.

Please ask God if that is something that HE would want you to do.

Please go to www.belonginghouse.org and click on

"FAQ about the Red Envelope Project" ~

for more information on the details of sending the envelope.

Click on "My Bio" to find out how all of this started.

The next video is for a laugh!!

May I present Chonda Pierce, once again!




This lady of many giftings and talents from God can really SING, too! Here are the lyrics to this next video/song. They were written by Geron and Becky Davis:

Verse 1
In and out of situations
That tug-a-war at me
All day long I struggle
For answers that I need
Then I come into His presence
All my questions become clear
And for a sacred moment
No doubt can interfere

Chorus
In the presence of Jehovah
God Almighty Prince of Peace
Troubles vanish hearts are mended
In the presence of the King

Verse 2
Through His love the Lord provided
A place for us to rest
A place to find the answers
In hours of distress
There is never any reason
To give up in despair
Just slip away and breathe His name
He will come and meet you there

1983, 1985 Meadowgreen Music Company

Please enjoy God's Presence as you listen!!




Since we are talking this week about thinking about what is

"Honorable, Honest, Noble or That Which Inspires Reverence or Awe....",

Philippians 4:8b

"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is NOBLE, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."

(New International Version)

"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is HONORABLE, whatever is just,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable -
if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise - dwell on these things."

(Holman Christian Standard Bible)

I thought what better Subject to talk about in referring to

Honorable, Honest, Noble and Reverence....

than the Presence of God...

You may ask "How to I come into His Presence?"

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgVvHhkAUUEAMC9Z03J3putyQWMF9BajMmK8Mt5jbcKwCarEsvegJ-0O4K_NSsUo8qyjeer54av0lKWjSgCzLYJvBDBQgVpstprL9bUc7OB3juxe2SNZhjVBKcjjFUqv1BtHt86hdT-1P2e/s400/woman_praying.jpg

It seems like such a high and mighty thing for me to even think about doing...

That is the beauty of having a personal relationship with God....

It is simple!!

We make it too hard.

All you have to do is to quiet yourself before God...

Plan to meet Him like you would plan a doctor's appointment

or a salon or beauty shop appointment...

Set aside some time....

Erase all distractions...

Turn off all of the electronic devices that come into our home....

into the gate of our homes through the airways...

Say that you need this for YOU, for YOU to be a better person,

husband, wife, mother, daughter, son, etc...

(Disclaimer ~ I am not saying that this is the ONLY way

you can talk to God. I believe that you can breathe the

name of Jesus and feel His strength and guidance.

What I am describing is A way to seek God,

especially if you are burdened down with cares.)

Say to God in that secret place, that You need more of Him,

that you need to be led and guided by Him,

because how you are doing your life is not working....

"God will surely meet you right there"....

Listen....listen....listen....

Don't do all the talking.....

"God Almighty, Prince of Peace"

will fill you with a deep settled peace.

You will find yourself breathing deeper,

letting out a big sigh....

letting out the toxic stress and worry

that have been plaguing your mind.

You will come away, not knowing ~ possibly ~

how your situation will work out

or how it will end,

but you KNOW that you KNOW, that you KNOW

that you are not doing life alone...

that you are being supported by the Creator of this world.

The same One that made the stars,

The same One that made the mountains,

The same One that made YOU and me,

He is there for you and me.

He will never leave you or me alone or forsaken.

He is a friend that sticketh (King James Version) closer than a brother!!!

Praise God!!

"Dwell" ~ to take up residence ~ on these things this week.

Occupy, Remain, Live, Abide there this week.

In His service,

Debbie G.

PS For more information on praying in the Secret Place, read Bob Sorge's book, "Secret of the Secret Place".

https://www.inspire4less.com/productimages/9780970479105.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie,

    It is so good to be studying the word with you again, and of course it makes it special, because as you know, Philippians 4 is my favorite chapter of the bible.

    I especially was touched by the way Chonda Pierce sang In The Presence Of Jehovah. You could hear and feel the relationship, and deep peace she has with Christ. That is what I want others to hear and feel when I open my mouth. Not for me to get the praise, but for others to see Jesus Christ through me, and to want that same relationship with him. I still have a long ways to go.

    I loved your explanation about how to come into his presence, and I know you have experienced the same thing Chonda was singing about.

    Love you,

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete